FIGZ

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Painterix


This month a little scratch work of one of the Asterix figures.
And it turned out exactly as I had in mind.


The figure is one of the chiefs shield bearers.
First I removed his sword with a knife.
I drilled a hole in the hand, and put a piece of paperclip in it.
Then made from carton a brush point.


And made from paper a small test painter's palette
witch I then cut out of a small piece of plastic.


Here you see the brush and the painter's palette with a piece
of paperclip to simulate his thumb through the palette.


And finally used some white wood glue to make the
brush more round, and also the thumb a bit thicker.


And with a little primer on it, I had my new figure


So not much scratch, simple but effective!


Then painted him colorful, and also did paint a model.


On a small rock I had to paint his model, because in those days
they didn't have the painting boards like we know now.


A painting easel I made from some twigs.
And some crocheted cotton from my girlfriend.


And so created a small simple vignette...









 A small simple vignette it is, but personally like it a lot.

My inspiration to convert this figure into a painter
came from a post on Facebook where I saw this figure:


Well back to paint some Romain Solders again,
this was a nice side project, hope you like it as well.


8 comments:

  1. A great idea and work on Painterix! Very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geniaal! Ik vind dat je dat super bedacht én uitgevoerd hebt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job and it makes a nice little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Remco! I LOVE it! The painter is clearly doing a great job painting his model! And you have done a fantastic job inventing him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A work of genius. Great imagination and the ability to bring your vision to fruition. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is very funny indeed. I laughed out aloud, and the lady is looking beautiful too Remco. The artist reminds me of Rupert the Bear. I guess that you could sell the painted rock on E Bay. Lovely Topic my friend. BB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heb je weer prachtig gedaan Remco!

    Groetjes
    Peter

    ReplyDelete