This month a little scratch work of one of the Asterix figures.
And it turned out exactly as I had in mind.
The figure is one of the chiefs shield bearers.
First I removed his sword with a knife.
I drilled a hole in the hand, and put a piece of paperclip in it.
Then made from carton a brush point.
And made from paper a small test painter's palette
witch I then cut out of a small piece of plastic.
Here you see the brush and the painter's palette with a piece
of paperclip to simulate his thumb through the palette.
And finally used some white wood glue to make the
brush more round, and also the thumb a bit thicker.
And with a little primer on it, I had my new figure
So not much scratch, simple but effective!
Then painted him colorful, and also did paint a model.
On a small rock I had to paint his model, because in those days
they didn't have the painting boards like we know now.
A painting easel I made from some twigs.
And some crocheted cotton from my girlfriend.
And so created a small simple vignette...
A small simple vignette it is, but personally like it a lot.
My inspiration to convert this figure into a painter
came from a post on Facebook where I saw this figure:
Well back to paint some Romain Solders again,
this was a nice side project, hope you like it as well.