FIGZ

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Alexander's Thessalian Cavalry

Here is a other entry I made for a duel on Benno's forum




It was a duel against my friend Peter, and these where the first non WW2 solders I painted,
and also my first horses. The painting on these figures from Hat set 8048 was hard,
because the plastic was soft and the paint didn't hold on to good.
The horse who walks on front, had a panther skin on him, what was a hell to paint.
The landscape is made from PUR with some small stones and grass on it.

I did use as a painting guide the Osprey book "The army of Alexander the Great"






8 comments:

  1. You did a good job on these...and the scenery is good as well, but what are those, rocks or skulls ?? ;-D Just teasing
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking job on the base mate, really clever idea.The figures aren't bad either!

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. Pretty darn good for the first crack at something different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey are you still alive? And yes I recognize these. These were the figures I gave you for that duel, but we didn't agree that you should beat me :-D

    You did a very good paintjob on them Remco, compliments my friend!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Remco,

    very nice little scene :-)

    V.

    ReplyDelete