FIGZ

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Barbarossa


This month I painted a figure I got years ago.


It is from the Turkish brand "Altar", sculptor Uhrin Zsolt.
And look at the nice box it is sold!


And what a great sculpt it is, I really like it a lot.
I was afraid with my painting skills to start painting it.


But I gave it his colors, different like the box.
And am quite happy with the way he turned out.


The pictures don't give a good view, but it's the best I can show.
But in real he looks much better.


About Barbarossa there is on the box
a explanation, one side in Turkish,
on the other side in English:


But you can find also info here on Wikipedia.

Seems he was a sort of Turkish pirate,
so I even learned something today!

Hope you liked it, tried to show you something different.
Now back to my Romains, goal 150 before FIGZ...

12 comments:

  1. Great looking figure. What scale is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks great, wonderful job and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hij is echt heel mooi geschilderd, jammer dat de foto's geen recht doen aan het resultaat. Knap werk! Het is ook wel echt een gaaf figuur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hij kan dus echt nog iets anders als ijsjes eten! :-D

      Groetjes
      Peter

      Delete
  4. I really like the figure! This months contribution is excellent!
    Looking forward to your Romans in June! :-)

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice paint work on a lovely looking miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Remco! The figure of Barbarossa looks very well done to me! I learned something from this! I have heard of him but did not know his story! I always look forward to seeing more of your Romans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. acabo de descubrir tu blog y me quedo por aquí, te invito también al mio

    ReplyDelete