This month another scratch project of an Asterix figure,
and this clown Bassie known in the Netherlands was my inspiration.
For this conversion, I chose an Egyptian figure
who already has a bit the body of "Bassie".
With a hobby knife, I first cut away the Egyptian clothing,
and tried to give him more of a trouser look .
Then using paper tissues smeared with PVA glue
I gave him his coat.
This is always a time-consuming job
because there are several layers of glue
on top until I am satisfied.
Then the paintwork, and in particular his coat
had to start giving him the looks.
I started by making this red,
then carefully applied vertical lines with white paint.
Then it was the horizontal lines turn
and his coat got all red squares, so to speak.
Finally, I tried using green paint
to put another line in the middle of all the white paint.
And even though the end result of this tricky paint job
didn't really resemble the original,
I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
I gave him a green tie,
which he didn't have at all in real life,
so that was only temporary.
Then it was just a matter of putting on the familiar smink,
and giving him his final "Bassie" look.
And now I commit myself to making
his companion acrobat "Adriaan" as well....