FIGZ

Monday, January 31, 2022

Genius bottle gold paint


Like a lot of fellow figurepainters I use
Vallejo paint, and I took a closer look at 
The label of this gold paint. 
There was a warning written what caught my attention:
Contains Genie....

So I quickly took the cap off, 
and with a cloth I rubbed the bottle...
PFOEF


A real Genie appeared, what a surprise!


This friendly Genie was so glad to be out of this small bottle.


He was so grateful to me that I could make 3 wishes...



Hahaha, I hope you liked this conversion, now step by step how I made it:



I started my conversion again with this
figure form the 1970s Asterix range.
On my search for Romains, 
I had to buy some extra of these...
So always fun to make a special one out of them!



First step was cutting his arms and legs...


The arms just needed another pose, so I drilled a small hole in them.
Then added a part of a paperclip for a solid construction


Another hole in his body, cut the paperclip to the right size
end bend it for the pose I had in mind...


With PVC glue I filled up the holes, and also added a small ring
on his head, around the hair.



Then added a bigger paparclip and tried to make
the right basic for his Genie rope




With Milliput, covered with paper tissue I made the right shape.
Used some Paper shaper to make the tissue hard.



The form looked perfect when dry, so a gray coat spray before painting.


During the painting, I saw I forgot his beard.
So made one from a clip for a plastic bag, and pvc glue...


I also cleaned an empty Vallejo paint bottle


And put some gold paint inside


On my comupter I designed
a new label for the bottle.


My inspiration whas this drawing,
and I must say it turned out well!





3 comments:

  1. Geniall, je bent zelf een Genie nu! Ik wil niet weten wat je gewenst hebt, maar je hebt hem prachtig gemaakt én een mooi verhaal erbij geschreven. Super gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtig werk weer Remco! Je kan die Asterix figuren dus voor alles gebruiken. En als je wensen uitkomen dan ben je nu dus met pensioen! Proficiat!

    Groetjes
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Remco! I just Love this guy!!! He is perfect and very creative! I wish I had a genie in a gold bottle! That was very smart of you to read the warning!!! :):) I just Love him!

    ReplyDelete